Monday, May 13, 2013

And Keep an Eye on Staircases, They Like to Change

This is a quote from Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone movie, and I thought it'd be a good one for today's post. I've taken a composition book from Target and used Creative Imaginations themed paper to make an altered notebook for my goddaughter. She's graduating soon and loves all things Harry Potter, so along with money, I thought a special notebook was in order.

I've trimmed the HP themed paper to fit the notebook front, wrap around the spine and about a third of the back of the notebook. I secured with the tape glider. I did an edge with Mod-Podge, but didn't like how it wrinkled, so I stuck to the tape adhesive...sorry, I couldn't resist the pun!

I also cut some paper to fit a bit smaller inside the covers and adhered it the same way. I added potion stickers from the same paper collection and the broom. snitch and 9 3/4 circle. Inside the back cover, I attached a ribbon to act as a bookmark that I decked out with bling—metal tag, black pearls and a little silver key that came with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic accessories I found at Michael's. I added a metal sticker that says "discover" as well.



The ribbon should be adhered to the cover of the comp book, then covered with the scrapbook paper because I added it on top of the paper and am worrying it will end up tearing it. I see a re-do in my future. Ah well, live and learn!

Here's a look at the card I made for my mom from the kids. They did one of the cards that came on the paper entitled "My Favorite Time With Grandma" and adhered it in the card. She loved that part. It's by Authentique and it's lovely paper. The flip side is for Grandpas.


have a great week!
Chark


1 comment:

  1. Very cool book, and a wonderful gift for anyone who loves Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!