Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Disneyland Layout Revamped

This is from when we visited Disneyland in California some years ago. It's one of my husband's favorite pics of the kids. And you can't beat how happy they look in the hotel across the street from Disney on our first day there. 

The first layout was for National Scrapbook Day and I put it together pretty fast. I was trying to make washi tape flowers for the challenge, and that turned out okay, but the rest of the layout was a snooze, although I liked the yellow and red.

Yesterday, at the local scrap store, I picked up a paper by Reminisce called Say Cheese and added my washi tape flower, which is a Hidden Mickey of sorts. I tucked in some paper from Simple Stories...the line is called 24/7 and it's so cool.

I added some Thickers to make a title after my journaling. "They say Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth...ya think?" and used my white Signo pen for journaling and making dots. That's it and it was a quick fix.

I think I like this version much better!



What do you think? Loving layers for more finished layouts. And the old-fashioned palette of colors of the layering papers looks fine with the brights, imo.

Have a Great Wednesday and add some layers of fun to your layouts!
Chark


1 comment:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!