Friday, July 19, 2013

Adding to the Nest

Here's a baby-themed card I made with jewelry wire, pearl stickers and paper by Graphic 45. Obviously not a mailing card, unless you use a padded envelope, but dandy for a baby shower. I've seen nests as necklaces, with pearls to represent your kids, so I just made a little bigger nest and added oval pearl stickers from a flourish I found at Jo Ann Fabrics. 



The star paper is from Pretty Little Studio, a great place for vintage papers, die cuts and new images too. Love them! To make the wire nest, simply start a small circle shape with the wire, winding more around the first circle, then wrapping the wire around like you're tying up the the wire (or wrapping a cord around a hair dryer) and then go back to making more circles like the first ones. Trim and tuck the wire in and you're finished! You can shape the nest a bit after to accommodate the pearls.

Happy Friday and Happy National Raspberry Cake Day...Yum! Wanna recipe? Here ya go—Raspberry Swirl Cake, just like Starbucks!



Have a good weekend!
Chark





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!