Thursday, August 22, 2013

Another Challenge Accepted...En Garde!

Ok, it's a card challenge, not a duel-to-the-death kind, but it's certainly more exciting with French added, doncha think? 

This card is for Basic Grey Challenges. And the theme is Weather. I borrowed a design from Jennifer McGuire, and if I had any cojones, I'd put her card pic here. However, I am not stupid and comparing my card to Jennifer's would be a mistake of huge proportions. So, instead, I'll give you the link to her her website and you can scroll around looking for it. mwah ha ha! Seriously, it's just a sad comparison, but I argue that she's a professional cardmaker chick and I'm a hobbyist...so, at least she inspired me to try!


CARD #1
This is all Basic Grey Fact and Fiction paper, card (mini file folder that I trimmed) and the rays are actually border stickers. I wrote "Gray skies are gonna clear up" inside the sun and added my sequins for the sparkle. Nothing says "cheer up" like bling imo.

                                                          CARD #2
This second entry is my own design and I used Fact and Fiction papers, along with the buttons and brad from the same line. I decided to make cheerful flowers, so I added smiles and eyelashes to my buttons. And added white accents with the signo pen. The clouds are distress ink with white pen accents. The sun rays are a banner from the Fact and Fiction line. The only thing not BG is the chevron paper in the back. That's Oct. Afternoon, I think. Fun challenge!

Thanks for looking and try this challenge if you like Basic Grey!
Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!