Friday, January 17, 2014

Roses In January*

I decided to have roses in January and post this little gift bag I made. The rose is easy peasy...just cut some pink, red or yellow cardstock (I used wine cardstock) in graduated sizes. 

1. You'll need to cut the cardstock in 6-7 wavy circles, you don't have to be perfect and you don't need petals. Just cut wavy circles, the edges shouldn't be perfectly circular. Fold and crunch the cardstock circles.

2. Start with your smallest circle and pinch the center and fold the edges in (you can even use a little eraser or ball or something to form the circle around). Take the next circle and fold it up over the little one, continue to do that with each larger circle until you reach the last one. 

3. Remove anything you've used to form the circle up around and then glue the pieces together in the center. I used a dab of Glossy Accents.

4. Ink the rose once it's formed with an applicator and distress inks. I used a brown here, but you can use any color you like. 



That's it! You could make a ton of these for a wreath or banner if you're feeling saucy. I just added some ribbon trim and stuffed in a gift card for my gift bag.

Happy Weekend! 
Chark
*I borrowed from the quote by James Barrie "God gave us memory that we might have roses in December"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!