Friday, February 7, 2014

Books Are Cool

Thought I'd share this layout about how much I love books. That's me in the upper left corner and I used some art and text from two old books I found at a library sale that were in bad shape—Nancy Drew and Cinderella, two of my childhood favorites. I would never have used my actual copies of the book and it did hurt a bit to cut the others, but they were falling apart, so....



Here's what I learned about a layout with a lot of squares like this: a punch or die cut would have been easier, a ruler or lines on the paper to follow so everything is straight would've been a good idea, and stamping on canvas letters is fun! I used Staz On ink and a french letter writing stamp from Hero Arts.

That's all for now...if I were a perfectionist, I'd redo this page, but I'm a pragmatist and I figure good enough is sometimes good enough. I like the content of the page and had fun making it, plus it has some bling, so it's good enough!

Happy Weekend, Everyone!
Chark



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!