And here are some more experiments in watercolor. These are roses made with Tombow markers that I scribbled on an acrylic stamp block and then picked up with a paintbrush to apply to watercolor paper.
On these roses, I used yellows and a bit of pink and orange. Then I did a little splash/dot thing just to try out with a very wet brush that I tapped above the paper. I used blue, green and pink for that.
I used pink and dark pink markers and then used some Prismacolor pencils after it was dry to shade the flowers and make the leaves more distinct. I didn't love the watercolor paper I used for this. It just took the paint in a weird way. And yes, that's the technical term. Weird.
I used Solar White paper made for stamping for these and I liked the way the paint moved on it...but it did curl a bit while drying. I could have used a heat gun or something to make it dry faster and that might have helped. This used Tombow markers in pinks and a smidge of yellow. I did some Prismacolor penciling on top and I think this is my fave of the three. It's not yet a card, but I'm heading in that direction.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to You!