Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hi, Friend!

I made this card awhile ago, and am sharing it now. The color scheme is one of my faves—red, white and sky blue. I used Hero Arts stamps (Old French Writing and a Roman column) and then covered it in vellum. After that, I stamped the Hero Arts greeting and made rolled roses with some sequined fabric I had. The fabric was from my daughter's Dorothy shoes back when she dressed up for Halloween as Dorothy.


I love the black ribbon and black matting, but I think double stamping the greeting in red and black was a mistake. It can look cool or it can look blurry and this one isn't cool :)

Ever try this color combo? I think I'm going to do some more. Here's another color combo I'm itching to work with. Seems like a great summer card or layout waiting to happen. If you want to pin it, just click on my Pin It button at the top of the blog and choose the photo.


Can't believe we're mid-June already! Off to enjoy the day!
Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!