Monday, June 2, 2014

Once Upon A Time

I saw a book of paper art and it had a David and Goliath picture in the book that the artist had cut around and popped up out of the page. Loved it, so I decided to give it a whirl. I found a Reader's Digest circa 1972 in the free bin at 2nd and Charles (best secondhand book/media store ever) and here's how it turned out.

From this.

To this.



I would probably have to break the heck out of the spine if I wanted it to lay flat and display it. Right now, I just carefully lay them down in place and shut the book. My cutting isn't great, but it's my first attempt. In theory, I'd get better. It's a story of Thomas Jefferson and I don't know if they mention his second family in this version, but it makes me wonder if all the children pictured are his, including the servant. 

I tried cutting out the house too, but I like it flat more. I had to glue Thomas to his wife just because he wouldn't stand on his own, his legs are behind her skirt, so they aren't both pictured. 

Fun project...If I do another it'll be an Oz book that I have extra...but I might be finished with this art. What do you think?

P.S. Big THANK YOU to a2z scrapbooking for having the linky party and for the $25 gift certificate to the store. Cannot wait to spend it. Check them out and join in the next linky party!

Happy Monday,
Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!