Friday, September 19, 2014

Ohana Means Family

One of my daughter's favorite movies is Lilo and Stitch...it's not my favorite Disney movie, but it does have some great moments with the spunky Lilo and her sister. The phrase "Ohana means family" is pretty catchy too. Here's a vintage-y layout of my mom and her family from about 1948. 

I loovvee old photos, especially if they have my family in them. The paper is some older Bo Bunny that I won and really love, and I think the color and design are just perfect for vintage layouts. I used Tim Holtz washi and lots of bits I had in my stash, including a felt heart from who knows where :)





My mom is in the back on the right, next to her brother. Yep, these are hard-working farm folk and my mom remembers her first store-bought dress as a teen. My grandparents both came over from Hungary in the early 1900s and met here. Apparently, my grandma had a suitor and he brought candy to her...then my grandpa came to court and ate the candies. He's my kind of fella. I love family stories, don't you?

Happy Friday!
Chark

2 comments:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!