Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Look, It's Snowing

Hi, friends, I decided to cool off today with a snowflake card. It's the Dog Days of Summer here in Ohio and warm! So, I've used blues and purples for this card to help me think "cool."



I used the delicately named "smooshing" technique by applying blue and purple watercolors on an acrylic block, spritzing the marker with perfect pearls water and then pressing the watercolor paper onto the block to pick up the color. There's a lovely sheen to the background that I can't pick up with the camera.


I used two different dies and then a wooden snowflake for the final pieces, along with one blue gem. This isn't exactly a flat card with the wood, but I love the texture and dimension so I'll just hand it to someone.

My talented design team buddy, Cindy, did a "smooshing" technique over at a2z Scrapbooking last month and it's much brighter and bolder. Here's a peek at hers if you want to pop over and take a look at it closer.







Happy Wednesday!
Chark

2 comments:

  1. What a nice to way to cool off Chark! Very lovely smooshed background and layered snowflake! Thanks so much for the shout out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, Cindy, your card is beautiful!

      Delete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!