Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Sharing Is Nice

Today I'm sharing some pics of my craft closet...because I totally cleaned this whole thing out over the weekend, and if I don't take photos, it never happened...right?

Here's the first one.It's the left side of the closet shelves and holds my books for crafting with (i.e., tearing up and using as if I weren't a book lover, despite the fact that I am and it took me forever to finally tear a page from an old stained Nancy Drew). I displayed a canvas and frame I made too on the empty ledges.



Next pic is panning right, see my paper in the open clear containers? That's not too much, right? My embellies are another matter.



More canvas art and some other crafting supplies are in the blue and clear dollar store bins. I keep holding onto my felting supplies, even though that felting needle is wicked sharp and I stabbed myself upon occasion. Plus, I'm not good at it, but I keep wanting to be good at it, so I keep the supplies. Sound familiar at all?

Washi tape storage.



I have one of those little desktop organizers my daughter got rid of and the drawers are just right for washi. However, I may need to relocate my mini wood stamps in the top drawer if my washi stash gets any larger.

Now, keep in mind that this is actually organized, even though it's messy to look at. I have embossing bins, stamp bins, a paper scraps bin and a couple of paint/marker bins.


This is the sticker bin...it did not get organized, and it looks like I can't fit one more sticker sheet in this thing until I use some. 


The problem is that I have a lot of alphabets, and you never use the entire sheet, so they tend to stick around (was that a pun?) forever. Hey, I might need that x, y, z from the black foam thickers set someday!

Ok, now I can find 90% of what I own in this craft closet. That's pretty good. Although, if the past is any indication, it's the 10% that I can't find that I will need first.

Hope you're all organized and ready to create this fine Wednesday, 
Chark

p.s. Also sharing that you have til the end of the month to join in a2z Scrapbooking Supplies' Hero Arts and Texture Challenge here to try to win the $25 gift card!

4 comments:

  1. Oh so fun to see your craft supplies closet Chark! I totally relate to the sticker situation, I too have lots of x, y, z leftovers!!! LOL Sometimes I trimmed the ends of the 'd' and 'p' to make 'a' in certain font, but if I miss the 'e' that's kind of hard to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha--I've totally trimmed and used other letters and even a 3 backwards once for an e...you do what you gotta do to create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I just cleaned out a big sticker binder. I am going to take some stuff to a shelter. I looked at some books at a thrift store & thought I can't rip it apart. Someday maybe. Is that Dorothy from Wizard of Oz? Also is there Household Searchlight cookbook? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS Dorothy (I love The Wizard of Oz) and there's a Betty Crocker Boys and Girls cookbook in there somewhere...and an etiquette book with an old binding. That might be what you're seeing. The only way I can use them is to tell myself no one would want them anyway, since they're stained and torn. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!