Monday, November 23, 2015

I'm Starting To Think Christmas

Even though I don't decorate or listen to Christmas carols before Thanksgiving on principle, I have been influenced by the way Christmas starts creeping in right after Halloween. I doodled a quote from the movie Elf a week or two ago...then I redoodled it (pretend that's a real word) later. I like my second version better, but I wonder if it's too hard to read (plus I started to write candy canes twice, so I need to fix that to an o).



I tested my husband on it and he was able to figure it out, so maybe it's okay. Do you have an opinion? Is the second version just a little too crowded?

Either way, it was fun to make these and know it's almost time to watch Elf and A Muppet's Christmas Carol and Scrooged and A Charlie Brown Christmas!

Happy Monday!
Chark
p.s.. a2z Scrapbooking is having tons of sales and deals this week like a lot of places. Hope you'll hop over to the Facebook page or the blog and consider spending your money on a store that was started to fund charities. It always makes me happy to shop there.

7 comments:

  1. I agree, I try to avoid Christmas decorations/music until after Thanksgiving, but I had to stop by and say how much I love your doodles...Elf is one of our favorite, most quoted movie in the house! (We are not above answering the phone by saying, "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?") I love the first version, but I tend to like cleaner, simpler designs in general. Love this and I love all the Christmas movies you referenced, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great way to answer the phone! thanks for your input, I might have to try a third time just to get something cleaner but more fun.

      Delete
    2. Well, if you do, please post it...I'd love to see it! (These are both great, too!)

      Delete
  2. I also wait until after Thanksgiving for the Christmas decorations & music. I just got the new Train Christmas cd & I said I'm not playing it until after Thanksgiving. I prefer the first one especially for words. My brain has trouble sorting through everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds like a good CD, thanks for your advice on the lettering!

      Delete
  3. I also wait until after Thanksgiving for the Christmas decorations & music. I just got the new Train Christmas cd & I said I'm not playing it until after Thanksgiving. I prefer the first one especially for words. My brain has trouble sorting through everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first one more!! The second one may be without the border. I usually don't listen to Christmas music until after I sent all my cards out which I aim to do by first week of December. But sometimes I found myself humming a Christmas tune when I am making my cards though!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!