Wednesday, August 17, 2016

School Days

I got this adorable image from A Day for Daisies for free (you can pop over and pick it up too!) and had to color it up. I used my Prismacolor pencils as usual and then mounted it on graph paper and then Amy Tangerine paper. 



I wanted to add something school-related, so I used a paper clip and ruler ribbon I had in my stash. I just know I'll be using this little guy again...even though I had a bad experience with worms and fruit once. When my son was in kindergarten, he came home with a bumpy green fruit from his day at school. It was pretty cool and looked like this. I didn't know the name at the time, but it's a hedge apple or Osage orange.



It sat on the window ledge that day and we were talking about how cool it was. And then Ben said, "Look, a worm!" and sure enough, a tiny green worm head was sticking out. I freaked out, because ew! worm and also worm in my house and probably a lot of worm friends in that fruit. I decided that hedge apple had to live outside after that little discovery. So, technically, I shouldn't like this image from ADFD...but I do anyway :)

I'm up on the a2z Scrapbooking site today with a few cards if you want to stop by...using brand-new dies from the Winter Hero Arts catalog.



Happy Wednesday!
Chark




1 comment:

  1. Cute card - that apple looks so yummy! Thanks for using school paper and joining us at the A Day for Daisies Challenge blog. Good luck in the draw, and please join us again soon.
    Love
    Jen Leeflang
    A Day for Daisies DT

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!