Friday, January 20, 2017

Mom and Dad Cards

When you're submitting to magazines, you're working ahead and I recently made a few cards to try to get them published. One made the cut, but these two didn't. So, even though it's too early for Mother's Day and Father's Day cards, here they are anyway!



They didn't come out as great as I wanted...I was trying to make cards that kids could recreate with just paper and stickers. But I did have fun trying. The Dad card sentiment is Dad...is my superhero and the Mom card is Home is where your mom is. My daughter got me a little art piece that says that and I think it's a great sentiment.

Another favorite sentiment of mine is this one. Cuz I like my books!


Speaking of books, I love this Pinterest idea for a swtichplate...don't you? 


Books rock...I just finished The Rivals of Versailles (2nd in a series, but I didn't read the first one and it didn't really matter that I was starting with book 2) by Sally Christie and it was a great book for immersing yourself in Versailles Palace in the years of Marquise de Pompadour and Louis XV. 


That's it for today, hope you get in some crafty time or reading time this weekend...I plan to!

Happy Friday,
Chark




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!