Friday, April 14, 2017

Distress Oxide Inks for Easter

I've had playing around with the new Distress Oxide Inks and have posts here and here about them. And I used them with oval infinity dies on this a2z Scrapbooking post to make Easter eggs. 

Today I'm using the Hero Arts Floral Border die in white Bristol paper. 

1. I swiped the Oxide inks in Worn Lipstick, Cracked Pistachio and Blueprint Sketch onto a nonstick craft sheet and sprayed with water.

2. I dragged the paper through the ink and made sure it was fully covered with the ink. Then I let it air dry. The inks were a pretty smooth covering on the paper and as it dried, the shading happened on its own.


3. While it dried, I took some regular (not Oxide) Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry and Salted Ocean and swiped those on a nonstick sheet and sprayed those with water. Same process, different types of ink. I dragged the paper through the ink and let it dry too.

4. I die cut the dried and Oxide-inked paper. Then I mounted it to the Distress Inks colored paper. I made sure the blues and pinks were placed opposite to each other.

5. I wrote Love You in white Uniball pen, outlined it in blue pencil and made a card with it. I like how the Oxide inks automatically get some marbling/textured look while the Distress inks just merge and meld together. You can see the difference between the background and the die cut parts here.


If you have some last-minute Easter or coloring needs, you can head to the free digi stamps section of Simply Cards and Papercrafts page. It's where I got this cute guy.




Happy Friday and Happy Easter!
Chark


1 comment:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!