Today I'm using the Hero Arts Floral Border die in white Bristol paper.
1. I swiped the Oxide inks in Worn Lipstick, Cracked Pistachio and Blueprint Sketch onto a nonstick craft sheet and sprayed with water.
2. I dragged the paper through the ink and made sure it was fully covered with the ink. Then I let it air dry. The inks were a pretty smooth covering on the paper and as it dried, the shading happened on its own.
3. While it dried, I took some regular (not Oxide) Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry and Salted Ocean and swiped those on a nonstick sheet and sprayed those with water. Same process, different types of ink. I dragged the paper through the ink and let it dry too.
4. I die cut the dried and Oxide-inked paper. Then I mounted it to the Distress Inks colored paper. I made sure the blues and pinks were placed opposite to each other.
5. I wrote Love You in white Uniball pen, outlined it in blue pencil and made a card with it. I like how the Oxide inks automatically get some marbling/textured look while the Distress inks just merge and meld together. You can see the difference between the background and the die cut parts here.
If you have some last-minute Easter or coloring needs, you can head to the free digi stamps section of Simply Cards and Papercrafts page. It's where I got this cute guy.
Happy Friday and Happy Easter!