Friday, April 21, 2017

World Creativity & Innovation Day

Thank goodness for the interwebs, I learn so much, like today is World Creativity Day. Who even knew that was a thing? To celebrate, I made some cards. Okay, I was going to make cards anyway, but let's pretend I wasn't.


Here's another take with the Hero Arts Hydrangea stamp. You can also get the matching dies for this, but for this card, I just stamped on blue, heat embossed it in white and used a white prismacolor pencil to color it. Then I added some Diamond Stickles for some of the flower centers and some dots at the bottom of the card. You can't really see them, but I think the glitter adds a lot to the stamp. I know you're surprised that I prefer it with glitter:) 



I'm entering this guy in the A Blog Named Hero anything goes challenge here.

Here's another card, this one using a 2 Cute Ink digi stamp and some Dylusion sprays in green and blue on a card front die cut. 


The first World Creativity & Innovation Day took place in April 2002, and by 2005 it had extended to a week, starting on April 15, the birthday of Leonardo Da Vinci, and culminating in World Creativity and Innovation Day on April 21. Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519) was a painter, architect, inventor, and student of all things scientific. His natural genius crossed so many disciplines that he epitomized the term “Renaissance man.” Today he remains best known for his art, including two paintings that remain among the world’s most famous and admired, Mona Lisa and The Last Supper. Art, da Vinci believed, was indisputably connected with science and nature.


Leonardo wasn't formally educated and he was an accomplished lyre player. He wrote backwards and left-handed to disguise his writing so others couldn't get in his business. He developed a wooden rolling machine gun that a man could sit inside and control and I got to sit in a replica in a museum once.

He studied river erosion and realized the earth was older than the Bible suggested. His parachute design was made and used in 2000 by a skydiver. He studied cadavers and replaced the tendons with strings to study how they worked. He was experimenting with painting on stone when he painted The Last Supper, but the experiment failed and few of his original brushstrokes remain, as it has been restored.

And he was, without a doubt, both creative and innovative and a great inspiration.

Happy Friday!
Chark





2 comments:

  1. You come up with some fun posts Chark. I guess I better go make something. That coloring on your flower looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blue and that flower is gorgeous! I love glitter too. ;)
    Thank you so much for joining us over at A Blog Named Hero for our Anything Goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!