Friday, June 23, 2017

Anne Taintor Inspiration

If you like those vintage women cards with snarky sayings, then you like Anne Taintor...she was probably the first to start them. I think they're funny and I got caught up in making them for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop this summer.

Here's another. I promise it's the last one for this hop (I have two up at a2z Scrapbooking and one more from Friday).



Here's a close-up for the saying, I just googled coffee quotes and picked a few of my faves for these cards, typed them, printed them and then trimmed them out. I thought they looked like they were friendly, but that lady on the right is trying to tell her co-worker to calm the heck down until she's had her morning brew. This image is from the a2z Scrapbooking store and called Hero Arts Make Your Own Sewing Fashion.


I colored them with Prismacolor pencils in the summery red, white and blue colors, and added some rose ribbon trim to the corner. It's Tim Holtz ribbon.

Giveaway: Leave a comment on any or all of my Coffee Hop posts this week here on my blog (you can leave one comment per post for more chances to win) and you'll be entered to win either two Hero Arts stencils (for overseas friends) or this Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle die set (for U.S. buds). 


Commenting closes July 1 at 11:59 pm EST.





Happy Hopping!
Chark




33 comments:

  1. So snarky I love it great colors to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. Keep them coming...I LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! It reminds me of my Grandmother's pattern covers...happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, and especially how you did the greeting! :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the story your card tells! That saying is just too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just loving your cards! This sentiment is
    funny and oh so true. I would die without my
    coffee, but others would have to die first. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, love this vintage design and the snarky comment made me chuckle. My mom made most of my dresses all the way through junior high so this sewing pattern inspired card is pure nostalgia for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this retro stamp but sadly is discontinued. Love the snarky sentiments too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a digital stamp now, Vivian! https://www.etsy.com/listing/202219846/hero-arts-make-your-own-dk016-digital?ga_search_query=digital&ref=shop_items_search_44

      Delete
  9. beautiful lady
    lovely sentiment
    fabulous card Char
    Love to see you on Coffee Lovers Blog hop again
    I will be so happy if you like to visiting my Coffee Card back
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that stamp and have it, this is a new way to use it.
    Love your card, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoy your retro looking cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these vintage ladies and the sentiment.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! Fantastic vintage look... so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the laughs and love the retro look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've a collection of coffee snark, but not these - glad to see them so boldly and laughingly executed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love the vintage look on your cards. This one made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your clever way using the digital stamp!! Fun sentiment indeed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very fun retro card! Love the ladies and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these images, they are amazing and your design is great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of my favorite things to do is put sayings with vintage images. Anne Taintor is my "idol." :) Love your card....I noticed it in the blog line up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the retro feel to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha! So funny. Love the retro look.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I remember those dresses.
    I used to wear them and I could
    fit in the size of these (wouldn't
    happen now though). Great
    card to bring back memories.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!