Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Pearlized Watercoloring

I watercolored the lettered and doodled page I made and posted here with the Gasai Tambi Pearlized paints...they are beautiful and shimmery. Even the white, which I assumed wouldn't be very pigmented is lovely. They will color over dark paper and letters though, so when I added some blue background by just painting over the whole thing, some of the black lines and letters were affected.



I still like how it turned out and my next thing will be to try them on a black paper project :) You can see how the light reflected the mica in the paint on the lower right corner. Here's a close-up to show the shimmer.


Here's a link to Jennifer McGuire's lovely work with these watercolors...that woman can make me buy anything!!


And, because today was my son's first day back to school as A SENIOR, I have to post his pic. He let me take two before it was time to quit :) 




Happy Wednesday!
Chark



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!