Tuesday, September 19, 2017

MFT Bears N Balloons

I used the adorable Birthday Bears stamp set from My Favorite Things to create this card. I used the Circle Flop Card die on the edge of a side folded card to fold back the corner of the card. 

I used MFT Fun & Frolic patterned papers inside the card, using dots on one side and stripes on the other. The cardstock is an aqua from Core'dinations. This is my entry for the Innovation Master Card Design Superstar. It's a fast and easy way to make a fun fold that fits in a regular envelope.


I colored the bear with Prismacolor pencils, inked the balloons and circle die with Distress Oxide Inks and then add a half circle from the same die to make a little leaf-covered hill for the bear to sit on. The hat and bow are from the same stamp set. I fussy cut everything and attached to the card front. 

Then I added glitter in the form of Diamond Stickles. I dotted them on the circle die cut and then after letting them sit a minute, spread the glitter glue with my finger. That way, the Oxide inks react with the Stickles and leave polka dots. The balloons I left as is and didn't move the Stickles. You can see more of the glitter in the close-up pic below.


I love this bear set and am having a blast coloring the stamps. You've got a couple days to enter the contest, so break out your MFT goodies and get working!

Happy Tuesday!
Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!