Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Strawberry Cream Pie Day

Tomorrow is National Strawberry Cream Pie Day, folks, this is not a drill! Break out those strawberries and make a pie! Or, at the very least, make me a pie :) This recipe looks amazing. I have to admit, I'll choose a chocolate cream pie over any other, but this one has strawberries with chocolate drizzle, and it sounds delicious.


Strawberries have to be one of the best fruits...easy to grow (though hard to keep the bugs from), versatile (throw them in a spinach salad, smoothie or fruit cobbler) and tasty...plus they have Vitamin C and fiber. What more could you want from a little berry?

Rock Painting is all the rage right now, and here's a clever one. You can even use it in the garden to keep the birds away from the real berries. In theory...if your birds are stupid. I figure once they peck it, they'll tell all their bird friends that it's a trick, but these are still super cute.


If you want to create cute cards or favors for a party, these digi berries are just the cutest and just 99 cents for the download.


If you're more traditional, Power Poppy has this in both digi and clear. Gorgeous, right? This card is from the DT at Power Poppy.


And lastly, here's something fun if you like strawberries...a costume for Halloween. You can buy it here, but I'm betting this wouldn't be that hard to make if you're feeling it. 



So what's your favorite fruit? Mine has to be berries and the strawberry is my number one pick. Get it? Pick? Strawberry? Here's a template to make up for the bad joke in case you need a strawberry shaped card or banner. 


Happy Wednesday!
Chark






2 comments:

  1. Such a fun post! I'm all in favor for sharing that strawberry pie with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you trying to make me hungry for pie?
    LOL :D :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!