Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Brrr! It's Dang Cold

Ohio is, like a lot of the country, freaking cold right now. My favorite thing to do when school is cancelled and I don't have to run the boy around is to just sit in a blanket and watch tv and color. So that's what I did this week. I bought some adorable digis I've had my eye on from Vera Lane. Her Wizard of Oz women are so fun and she has some little kids all bundled up for the weather that remind me of my sisters and me.

Here's one that I finished. She looks pretty toasty, don't you think? I used Prismacolor pencils...thinking about smoothing out the lines with gamsol, but I probably won't...because I'd have to go to the scrap store when it's coooolllddd to get some!



Thought I'd share a peek of a couple more stamps over at Vera Lane Studio. Not affiliated, just love her style.



What do you think? Dogs and hats...fun, amirite?

What's the best thing to eat on a cold day? Soup, of course! Here's a soup recipe that's very close to my mom's (and my) Chicken Noodle Soup. It comes from Smitten Kitchen and doesn't this pic look fantastic? We use skinny noodles in our soup too, usually homemade but the dried Amish noodles in the store work too. 

Instead of the thyme and bay leaf and red pepper flakes in this recipe, we use parsley and paprika...a nod to my mom's Hungarian parents. We put paprika in lots of stuff. And since this recipe uses red pepper flakes, I feel like it'd be similar in taste. Don't skip the tomato paste, it's just enough to deepen the flavor of the broth. Add a hunk of freshly baked bread and a cupcake, and you've got my favorite meal right there!



Don't forget! You have until the 19th to enter my Sticker Day giveaway here!


Happy Wednesday!
Chark





2 comments:

  1. She looks like a book illustration, Char! So sweet! Some great images there from Vera Lane Studio. Yummy chicken soup too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!