Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Hot Cocoa on a Cold Day

Hi, friends, today I'm sharing a couple of cards that I made with the Phoebe Hot Cocoa stamp set that I won on the Your Next Stamp blog. Such a cute set of stamps, though I did have to email and ask what the stamp on the bottom right was. Turns out it's not a fuzzy pickle like I thought, but a headband to keep Phoebe warm. 


  
Originally, this girl was just Prismacolor pencils, but it looked too rough, too pencil-y for my taste. So when deciding what to do to smooth it out, I ruled out gamsol because I'm out of it, and I used my Arteza brush markers instead. It definitely deepened the colors. I really like how she turned out.


The sun is a Lawn Fawn die and I used just the Arteza markers on it. I have to admit, I'd rather have a sunny cold winter day than a gloomy warmish day. But really I'd just like the weather to choose! It's 30s today and supposed to be nearly 60 on Thursday before dropping back down. Mother Nature just needs to pick something so I can know what coat to wear, just say'n!

Happy Monday!
Chark




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!