Monday, May 21, 2018

Clothing Tag Inspired Card

Have you ever been inspired to create a card by something you've seen, even though it wasn't a card? I bet you have...I admit, I've taken surreptitious photos of things like the shirt on the lady sitting in front of me in church so I could recreate it later on a card. For this one, there was a black tag on my son's jeans and it had clear embossed tire tracks on it. This was four years ago! I know because I posted that card here.

I was going through my saved scraps of techniques (watercolored panels, heat embossed sentiments, etc) I've made and found this black paper heat embossed with clear powder and a Hero Arts flourish stamp. I love this old stamp and need to employ it some more.I layered the saved scrap embossed piece with papers to make this card.



I added a strip of gold paper to match the gold embossed sentiment from Papertrey Ink. I really love the clear embossing on black paper...it's pretty classy looking. You can see this post where I first tried it out.

Gearing up for the Coffee Loving Papercrafters' Blog Hop upcoming on Friday...hope you get a chance to join in to try to win prizes! 

Happy Monday!
Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!