Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Daisies Galore

I love Power Poppy's beautiful stamps...they have both clear and digital stamps. I use the digis because I usually want them now and can't wait for the mail. Plus I can make them any size, which is super great.

When the FB group I'm in, Kit and Clowder, had a free digi from Power Poppy, I had to join in. Kit and Clowder offered a free coloring class for this image too. They make for a great duo! My first try was with a single bloom included in the free digi set. I used my trusty Prismacolor pencils.


Then I tackled multiple blooms while watching Say Yes to the Dress...I am somewhat fascinated by this show. 

I love weddings and I loved planning and crafting for my own, 28 years ago! But I'm still fascinated. I love a good long look at the bridal mags. So this show is right up my alley, especially when you add all the human drama. I've told my adult daughter we must go to a bridal salon, have her try on dresses and come out and show me. Whereupon I will say things I've heard on that show like, "It looks like a tablecloth," and "No, just no." 

My all-time favorite line was from a mother to her daughter who was getting married in a church. The mother was ultra-conservative and the daughter less so. The dress wasn't even terribly revealing, but the mom said, "You're going to make Jesus cry if you wear that." I about fell out of my chair laughing. I totally want to say this in a salon! Luckily, my daughter is a fun-loving gal too and she's on board with this idea! lolol


I added some light blue to this background of warm colors. Don't you love this stamp? Gerbera daisies are gorgeous irl too! Alyce over at Kit and Clowder is a great coloring teacher if you're tempted to try one. She also offers a couple of free classes here and there, like this one with the daisies.

Happy Monday!
Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!