Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Free Dream Digi

I found some free digi stamps from CakeSpy and love her style. This little saying is a really good one, as it reminds me to keep writing. I love to write and sometimes life gets in the way of writing more and I feel if I wrote more, I would submit more and be published more. Which is a good thing...I think. Then again, I've always been somewhat of a non-competitive spirit, so being published in a book once and online a few times is sometimes enough for me. I have to remember that if it's something you do well, you should do it and share it.


I've always wanted to be a writer, and have been writing since 2nd grade, so continuing on the dream to actually make money with my writing is still a good thing to pursue. And if I write a movie script and get to go to the Oscars, well, I'll be sure to let you know! But first—the writing part! 

I met Terry McMillan back in the 80s before Waiting to Exhale was published. She was signing copies of an anthology she edited. When I met her, she asked if I was a writer. I said, "I want to be." 
She said, "Do you write?" 
"Yes." 
"Then you're a writer."

So the lesson I got was that publishing/making a living from it doesn't make you a writer...putting words down on paper is the important part. I think everyone has a story, whether it's their own life story, their parents' story, a story they dreamed about or just something they want to say. So I say, spill it! Tell the story to your kids/grandkids...write it down...record it...illustrate it...just get it out there. Even if it's not your dream to be a writer, tell your story and go after what you dream of...finding what makes us filled with contentment and accomplishment is worthy of doing. My joys are writing and creating some kind of art, so at the ripe old age of 50, that's what Imma do.


Thanks for the free reminder, CakeSpy!
Happy Wednesday!
Chark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!