Friday, August 3, 2018

Shades of Gray

This post isn't about an adult-themed book, but rather, a Neutral Color Challenge over at Power Poppy stamps. They have some of the most beautiful floral stamps ever and I have a collection of their digi images. When I saw this gray challenge, I was intrigued. I've never done much gray coloring and never (that I recall) with florals, so I hopped onboard.



Here's my take with grays and a smidge of light blue behind the Mistletoe image. I decided it deserved some glitter, so I used some wide washi tape on the card. I couldn't decide if it needed a ribbon, but now that I see it again, I'm thinking yes. The coloring was fun, and challenging since I only have one gray Prismacolor pencil. I found another gray in Crayola pencils and also used black and white Prismacolor pencils. 




Have you ever tried grayscale coloring? It's kind of cool! Here's another one, using an actual flower and not leaves, the Joyful Lilies stamp. For this one, I added a blue-gray to the lilies and a gray-green to the leaves. I mounted it on pool cardstock and added pink glittery sticker dots. 



This collection is permanently open, so give it a shot anytime!  Neutral Color Challenge at Power Poppy. They'll be doing some changes to the challenges and adding prizes (whoo-hoo!)

Happy Friday!
Chark




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!