Monday, August 22, 2016

Happy Birthday with Sparkles

I made this card in a class taught at the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo last year in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It was the first time I went and it was a blast! The Friday night class was a table-hopping fun time. You get to make about 10 cards and learn new techniques and use new products at each table. You sit with the same group, so you get to be craft buddies by the end.


We used a printed piece of acetate (the Eiffel Tower) and backed it with sparkle paper and then added the fun colored corners and silver stickers. This was easy and so pretty irl. Here's a close-up of the glittery goodness. This pic came out blurry, but you can see the sparkle a little better when that happens, so I went with it. 


If you like a night of learning for not much money, this is a great way to do it and they have expos all over, every year. The next two days, there's a bunch of stores set up with make and takes and lots of goodies to purchase. I thought it was well-done and the expo area was easy to find. 

The things I was introduced to were the printed color acetate sheets, just right for cardmaking and the silver thin line stickers that seem to finish off a card just right. I did purchase some of these. I also was introduced to a bunch of new companies.

Happy Monday!
Chark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!