Wednesday, July 5, 2017

World Watercolor Month

I was excited to see that World Watercolor Month even exists...yay watercolorists! I thought I'd share a couple of past watercolor projects and some videos I enjoy about watercoloring. 

I've always enjoyed the way watercolors work, and I find them easier than a heavier paint, like acrylics or oils. I tend to lay on way too much paint (ask my professors from art school) and never got the hang of oils. Luckily, I went into advertising rather than oil painting. I only lasted a year at art school during which I realized I was not a competitive person and art was surprisingly competitive. Though I never worked with watercolors in art school, I have picked it up a little here and there and was so excited to see it enter the cardmaking world.



I took the Watercolor for Card Makers Online Card Class with Jennifer McGuire and a bunch of talented ladies. These cards came from that class. It's seriously the best online class I've ever paid for. 



This card is a watercolored Hero Arts digital cup on a watercolored background and on patterned paper. It was for one of the Coffee Lovers Blog Hops and it was fun to make. The steam is a printed coffee filter from my stash.



This card uses Altenew Peony Bouquet, which is one of my favorite layered flower stamps. I've used it a lot. 


For this little canvas piece, I used Faber- Castell gelatos as watercolors. Then I added paper elements and marker. I had fun drawing her.

And this was a recent project for a2z Scrapbooking. I just love how the background looks with the black. 

Here's a video on using Tombow markers as watercolors, which is one of my favorite techniques. The Tombow markers are so vibrant. This video is by K Werner and she has really helpful videos.


And my first YouTube subscription was to Jennifer McGuire, the queen of techniques. Here's one of her watercoloring techniques.



So, how do you feel about watercolors? Love them? Use them? Never tried them? Just wondering.

Happy Wednesday!
Chark




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!