Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentinepalooza

Hi, friends, Happy Valentine's Day...or as we call it, Matt's birthday. My hubby was born on Valentine's Day awhile ago (shhh! he's 50 this year!) and his mom used to say he was her favorite Valentine. Now he's my favorite Valentine! It's the only birthday I both give and get gifts. He never forgets to get me my favorite candy (Russell Stover...their chocolate buttercream candies rock!) and a present.

Today I've got a digi stamp Valentine card using the February prize for winning at a2z Scrapbooking's It's a Love Thing challenge. The prize is the Hero Arts Words of Love digis. I printed the word, colored and fussy cut the letters. Then I arranged them like the iconic Love Sculpture by Robert Indiana, but I turned the "o" the opposite way.


I wrote the word "you" with Arteza marker and trimmed it out. The sparkly dots are Your Next Stamp's Gumdrops. I super love them. They come in matte as well, and I love those too.


Here's a close-up of the letters.



Here's a little Valentine link so you can get some freebies today. Nothing says I love you like discounts! Check out the deals at Qdoba and TCBY here.

And here's a link to 15 free heart digis you can download and color, including this one, from Shery K Designs.


And here's a no-bake Valentine treat you can make...I'd substitute Valentine M&Ms though, for the heart candies as they are not my faves.


And if you want to work a little harder, you could make these heart meringues. I love meringue cookies--crisp on the outside and chewy inside. Nothing like pie meringue, which is not my favorite.


And that's all I have for today...hope you have a good Valentine's Day!

Happy Wednesday!
Chark










2 comments:

  1. I love your bright bold love card, Char! Happy birthday to your hubby. My husband turns 50 on March 3rd. They are getting old, but we are not, are we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, Kara! We're spring chickens :)

      Delete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!