Friday, March 29, 2019

Die-Cutting All the Livelong Day

When I drag out the Big Shot and the dies and plates and all that goes with it, I like to get a lot out of it, so I spend a few days die-cutting things here and there. I think if I had a permanent set-up, I wouldn't feel the need to pile up the die cuts. I do like having some things to choose from at any given time, though, so who knows?

Here's a card using the Stamplorations Dragonfly cover plate. I love this so much! I cut it from all sorts of colors and papers so I could play around with cards. For this one, I die cut the panel from a piece of coated paper (similar to the properties of Yupo) that I had used Distress Oxides on. They came out very light, but kinda perfect for Spring. I mounted it with liquid glue onto a piece of watered silk from a vintage book flyleaf. The Happy Birthday is die cut from Lawn Fawn plaid paper.


You can see the fabric in the close-up, but not the subtle sheen or pattern. It's lovely irl.


For this card, I used another Stamplorations die, this butterfly, and impressed it into cardstock instead of cutting it. I mounted it on rainbow paper and added some bling and called it a day.


I keep my die cuts in stackable plastic bins that come in different depths. I have one for words, one for circles and rectangles, one for fancy dies, etc. The containers are flat, so it works well for sorting through. Do you die cut a bunch at a time and then just store the die cuts? Just wondering.


Happy Friday!
Chark

2 comments:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!