Saturday, April 20, 2019

With Cherries on Top

When I was a kid about a hundred years ago...okay, 40 years, we used to say "Pretty please with cherries on top?" It meant we reeeally needed a favor, like super needed it, and if you were me, your sister was balking at helping you out....so you needed to make it a really important please. And of course, the ultimate request was, "Pretty please with cherries and whipped cream on top?" And sometimes, it worked and my sister would actually turn the tv (no remotes at my house) or bring me a glass of kool-aid. Maybe.

Today I'm sharing a cherry card with a digi stamp from Power Poppy, the ultimate place for nature stamps imo. You can get the acrylic stamps too (and I have some) but the digitals are super nice when you need something to color right now. I colored this cherry stamp with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut it and put it on a matching red background.


The checkerboard paper is Graphic 45 and I inked the edges with Candied Apple Distress Ink. I added teal and red sequins and a sentiment from My Favorite Things. I'm entering this in the Think Spring Challenge at Power Poppy and you can enter here too! The blossoms are coming on the flowering trees and it's a pretty sight. No cherries for awhile, but they are budding! I looovve seeing the plants green up and the buds on the trees. Winter can be long but the Spring is definitely all the more welcome because of it.



Happy Easter Weekend!
Chark



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!