Friday, July 19, 2019

Family Friday

I've been sorting though photos and found a couple I had put away for a scrapbook page. My mom had a photo from a 1955 that I've seen since I was a kid. She's sitting on a moon while visiting Lake Erie. We also have a photo of my husband's mom and dad sitting on the same moon at Buckeye Lake, a resort area in Ohio. I've always loved these photos.

We were visiting a museum a couple years ago and saw an exhibit on the popularity of these moon photo booths in the 50s. They had a moon to pose with, of course every one of us posed with it. I made sure to print my daughter's photo in sepia and then made this page of my mom and my daughter. It makes me pretty happy!


I went with a book and star paper I had in my stash because I felt it was perfect for the story of my two favorite women. I used pink glitter photo corners, because it needed a little fun. The photos sixty years apart and my mom is 19, while my daughter is 23.

I'm also sorting through my mom's pics and she has these in her collection. The guys I don't know and will have to ask if she knows. The left pic is her mom, her grandma and her two great-uncles. My grandmother is about 15 here after they came to America from Hungary, about 1906. I love finding old pics of family. But they are definitely fragile. 



They're photos that have had details painted onto them, which is something some photographers did. I think because their photos weren't that good! Just a guess. Maybe they thought it made them look better. I'll have to research a bit and see what I find.

Happy Friday!
Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!