Friday, July 17, 2020

Happy National Lottery Day

Who knew there even was a National Lottery Day? Not me! Did you know lotteries in the U.S. date back to the 1700s? According to this website, "colonies held nearly 400 lotteries in the mid-18th century. A Philadelphia newspaper ad promised a 'new brick house' for one lucky lottery winner. Tickets sold for 20 shillings each." I looked it up and it would be $200 today...that's a pretty good deal for a house!

It is convenient to celebrate National Lottery Day today though, because I'm currently doing a giveaway...not for lottery tickets but for crafty stuff. If you leave a comment on my IG page and follow me, you'll be entered to win this stamp and die set from Catherine Pooler which is perfect for friends and family cards. The giveaway closes on Saturday, July 18 at 11:59 pm EST, so enter ASAP!


I have to admit, I've played a lottery here and there and gotten scratch-offs occasionally but I think the highest amount I've won is $5—I'm guessing I wouldn't have won that brick house back in Philadelphia if I'd have entered it lolol.

Thought I'd share a birthday card I made with all die-cuts and no stamping...I used Distress Oxides to smoosh onto cardstock and then used a Hero Arts Branch Wreath die, an Echo Park floral wreath die and a sentiment die from Memory Box to cut out different portions of the paper. 


The adhesive lace is from a hundred years ago...or it's been in my stash at least 5 years. I've been digging through some of my older papers and supplies and trying to use them before they're completely out-of-date. Just ordered the rolling cart so many people have for scrapping and cardmaking and I think it'll be great for storing current projects. I tend to have at least three things going at once, so this might corral them.

Happy Friday!
Chark







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!