Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veterans Day!


This saying rocks and so do all our military members and their families who have to sacrifice so much. Seeing the soldiers deploy on tv, from Wright Patt AFB nearby, inspired me to write a story about a mom leaving her young daughter for deployment. I can't imagine how hard it is for parents to leave for extended times and so I tried to think of how a mom would make her deployment easier for her daughter. I was lucky enough to get the story published in a great collection for kids called Military Life: Stories and Poems for Children.


The publisher, Elva Resa, specializes in books for military families. They have a huge variety of books for spouses and children and there is a discount for the month of November for military families. 

Click on the cupcake picture to get a recipe for a red velvet and ice cream patriotic cupcake!

And here's a link to the Wounded Warrior Project if you want to celebrate today by helping out a vet.

God Bless our military and Happy Veterans Day!
Chark



1 comment:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!