Friday, February 6, 2015

Seriously, Why Are Fridays The Best?

I love Fridays, even though I work at home, so it's not because I get a break from the commute, or deadlines and paperwork, or those crazy coworkers I can't stand. I think it's because there's less pressure for the kids to get homework finished Right Now, no one's up at the 0-dark-thirty for showers and breakfast, and maybe because Fridays mean a lot more time relaxing upcoming. I dunno...but I like them! See? Snoopy agrees with me.



Here's a card I made with the free flower image I found for you (and me) at Graphics Fairy in this post. I used pink and mulberry Prismacolor Pencils and just colored while I watched tv the other night. I added a touch of white pencil and used a green that was more pine than grass.


I also colored a larger rose image and went more for peach tones. The green I used had more yellow in it too, to match the yellow pink flowers. You can see my little green marks to try to find a good one for the leaves in the bottom right of the pic. I think I like this peach color combo more than the pink, but it won't fit a regular size card unless I cut off the edges...which might look fine. Not sure yet what I'll do with it, but I enjoyed the coloring!



This image has a lot of shading, so you don't have to do a lot of the work. Just use darker colors where the shading is darker and lighten up more in the white sections. I added a little "glow" outline of color around the flowers and leaves. I might use some ink or watercolor to make a blue background. I guess we'll see!

If you want to try out coloring on a smaller scale, a2z Scrapbooking Supplies has this Hero Arts/Basic Grey stamps with beautiful roses. And it's on sale—two of my favorite words—$8 for this clear set. But there are only two sets available, so snatch yours up soon!

 

If you use your Hero Arts goodies and some heat or dry embossing, you can enter (til the end of February) the monthly challenge here and try to win a $25 certificate to the store. That means FREE GOODIES, two more of my fave words.



Happy Friday! Enjoy the day!
Chark

3 comments:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!