Monday, April 6, 2015

Love A Competition

I really get motivated when there's a prize...who knows why. It's not like I don't have enough scrap supplies so why is the lure of more new goodies so appealing? 

Probably because fun new supplies mean I can unleash my creative spirit. Or just that I like opening packages. I'm not that deep. I like new stuff for my craft closet. It makes me happy and it makes me prolific.


 

I hosted the scramble over at Hero Arts flickr this weekend and used this photo as the inspiration to create a new card in 90 minutes...along with the tag and card I made. You should pop over there and see some of the beauties people made for this scramble.







If you're like me and a good healthy competition makes you sit down and create, here are some sites with challenges and prizes.

1. Faber-Castell's blog has a monthly Take the Challenge with Mou and you use your gelatos or markers or pencils to create based on whatever prompt Mou Saha gives you. For April, the prompt is creativity. That's an easy one, so I plan to take part. Love my gelatos!

2. Pretty Little Studio's blog has a monthly Sketch Challenge --you can win $10 worth of goodies and believe me, $10 in Pretty Little Studio products is plenty! I rarely spend $20 at a time over there and get tons of stuff for my money. I love their sequins and stars packs, the printed vellum and sweet retro images in die cuts.

3. Lawn Fawn has a challenge blog called Lawnscaping Challege and the current challenge is Dimension. You need Lawn Fawn products for this, but you can win a $25 gift certificate.

4. a2z Scrapbooking Supplies has a blog called a2z Scrapbooking Supplies  (and I'm on the Design Team this go-round) and this month's challenge is Stenciling and Hero Arts. There's a store gift certificate of $25 up for grabs.

Happy Monday and Happy Crafting!
Chark


3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous tag and card! I love your colors paired with the gold on both. Yes, what is it about a prize? I feel like a kid again, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had such wonderful inspiration pieces Charlene. Loved this scramble.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!