Friday, June 26, 2015

Imitation Is The Sincerest Form Of Flattery

So, I got my new Somerset Studio magazine and was inspired by an article to start watercoloring some girls. The article is on Danielle Donaldson and I love her work they feature in their July/Aug 2015 issue.

Here's the cover of Danielle's book coming out this month.


And here's my first try. You can see this paper, despite it being in an art journal, wasn't meant for watercolor since it warped. But it was good enough for a first attempt at the soft watercoloring. Don't you love when you're so inspired by someone you just have to see how they made something and try it yourself?



I also added some words to her outline, just for fun. It starts with "It wasn't the crown that made her a queen." I also used a charcoal pencil and white gel pen to add some dimension and doodles on the drawing.



Happy Friday, crafty friends!
Chark

4 comments:

  1. No, this is your first attempt? :) Wow it's like you've been doing it for a long time already!! So artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look pretty darn goid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look pretty darn goid!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!