Friday, January 29, 2016

Carrot Candies...Wha?!

Sharing another project I made that didn't get picked up for publication (still happy that two projects did) but one that I like for Easter and Spring.

That's a long way off, but it's sunny today so I'm already thinking ahead to Spring, while wearing my winter coat and gloves and scarf :)



I used a coffee filter, cut in half and inked with orange and green inks. Then I folded it in half, added two kisses fat sides together so they looked like a carrot shapes, then just rolled them up, adhered with a glue dot and tied string at the top.

Easy and fun. I think they would be cute as radishes too. Set at each place at the Easter table or in a basket for fun favors.

The hardest part is waiting for the ink to dry. You can use unbleached filters (that are brown) but you'll need more ink and they'll look even more rustic.

If you think you might want to make these come spring time, just click the pin button on the photo (when you hover) and put it on your pinterest for later.

Happy Weekend!
Chark

2 comments:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!