Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Kid's Decor

I made this decor for a magazine call and while it didn't get chosen, something did (yay!) and I'll share that later. This project is so inexpensive and easy and perfect to personalize for a kid's interest. 



First, take a 10x10 photo mat ($2.99 from Jo Ann's) and paint red with a foam brush. Take a wooden letter from the craft store and paint blue with a foam brush (I used Dylusions paint).

After they dry, cut the scrapbook paper of your choice to fit (I used Doodlebug Design Under the SEa paper for the background), but you could use baseball, soccer, dance, or whatever theme you like.and adhere it to the back of the mat. Then adhere the initial to the front with dry adhesive or glue dots. 

Here's a close-up of the cute paper.


On the back of the mat, attach a bent pop tab so it can be hung on a wall. We used these are wall hangers when I was in art school a thousand years ago...they're free and available everywhere and they work just fine, no expensive frame hangers needed. Well, they're probably not that expensive, but I'll bet you'd have to go to the store to get a hanger and you probably already have a pop tab around the house.

Happy Wednesday and last day of August!
Chark




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!