Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Overdue To Say Happy Birthday Card

I love this Overdue Library stamp set from Your Next Stamp and I actually won this one from their blog (thanks, YNS!) Their products are so cute, and I love the inspiration on the blog. They have a sketch and color challenge each month and I picked the sketch this month to try.



I made my own pocket from ivory cardstock and added books to the front of it with another stamp set from YNS  called Tea-rrific and then used Inktense pencils to watercolor them. I see after posting that my pearl got knocked out of place, but I'm going to have to be okay with that for now...photos are so telling!

I admit this card isn't for anyone in particular, but I know I'll use it because I am notorious for late cards...me, maker of cards! Wha?! It's not the card part, it's the gift inside or the message or the trip to the post office.



At any rate, maybe you'll join in this challenge with me..you don't even have to use YNS stamps to play along!

And speaking of books, I loved this one, and am so jazzed to see the upcoming movie. Here's the original book cover and the movie book cover. I love the original one...the whole book was written around weird faked historical photos that the author had seen. How cool is that?


Happy Wednesday!
Chark

3 comments:

  1. Great card and glad you were able to use your stamp set! Thanks for joining us again at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a clever stamp and your pocket makes a perfect home for it! It's fun to find those stamps that are just a little different (not a flower or butterfly) that make cardmaking so interesting. Your books and the printing strip behind are great details!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!