Thursday, May 18, 2017

Flowers for Mom

Just thought I'd pop in with the Mother's Day card I made for my mom this year. I used the digital flower set from Hero Arts (available at a2z Scrapbooking for $2.99) and printed it out and colored with Tombow markers. I glittered it up with my trusty Stickles and added a doily and sequins. The leaves were just some random die cuts I had.



The photo is of my mom when she was 17 and taken at Lake Erie. We also have a pic of my husband's parents on this moon taken at Buckeye Lake. So, apparently the moon made the rounds in the 1950s.



I've cropped the photo above, but wanna see what's on my kitchen counter beside the card and pic? It's my Weeble from the Ranch Playset and a bowl made by my daughter filled with rocks from my kids. What mom doesn't get a rock collection from her kids? It's a very-mom-thing to have.


Here's the 70s Ranch in its full glory. I loved that thing, especially the Weeble Horse. My older sister, Julie, used to come by when I had this all set up and say, "tornado!" and wipe it all out. That was a very older-sister-thing to do. Luckily, William here (Bill for short) survived the onslaught and still lives with me.



Happy Thursday, friends!
Chark

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and what a fun post Char!! I enjoyed it, and it's really neat to see you rock collection too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! Fun post about Weebles, handmade pottery, rocks & the moon photo. I have a ceramic bowl that looks very similar that I made when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!