Monday, July 24, 2017

Hot Fudge Sundae Day

Tomorrow is National Hot Fudge Sundae Day...and while I'm not a huge ice cream fan (I like it but I'd rather have cake or cookies for dessert), I do love a good hot fudge sundae. 



One story of how this dessert came about "says that once upon a time there was a man named “Sunday” (translated from the German language) who faced a challenge of making up an absolutely new dish. As you can guess on your own, he combined the frozen mixture with the syrup and was perpetuated in this slightly misspelled name."


One of my favorite desserts is the Hot Fudge Cake from Big Boy...one time, my sister brought a slice home from a town 25 minutes away and it did pretty good (perhaps she drove crazy fast) and we sat down with the cake and two spoons and ate it right away. It was so good! Here's a recipe for that delicious dessert.




If you're looking for a twist on the classic, you can find a ton here at Buzz Feed, including this Banana Split Hot Fudge Sundae.



If you'd rather craft your sundae, here are two free digi stamps for coloring or inking.




And if you like your ice cream non-melty, you can buy these adorable earrings here.


I hope you're sufficiently prepared to celebrate Hot Fudge Sundae Day tomorrow!

Happy Monday!
Chark



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!