Monday, August 21, 2017

Happy Birthday in Classic Colors

I made a couple of birthday cards using the same Memory Box Happy Birthday dies and the same background paper and kraft cards. I used the negative and the positive of the die cuts and embossed one of the cards with a We R Memory Keepers geometric embossing folder.


I don't remember where the paper came from, but I believe it was a Christmas pack...I thought the colors were more classic than Christmas...very appropriate for a masculine card. I decided to go with no sparkle or bling, which was difficult for me! But there are some thin gold lines on the paper, so I had to be satisfied with that.


I plugged the center of the a, p and y back into the die for placement and then moved the die to the other card and glued the bits down...it just makes it a little easier to read. 


I love the dimension of these We R Memory Keepers embossing folders...they are so fun to emboss and deboss on different papers...they look yummy on metallic paper.

I've been using my Big Shot a lot lately because I found a great deal on some dies, so you'll be seeing more die cutting projects in the future from me!

And since today is a big day in science..being the solar eclipse and all...I thought I'd better acknowledge it with a couple things. First, Galaxy Donuts...yum! Here's my pin and the link. 


Second, here are some crafty outerspace ideas for cards that can be found here at Lawn Fawn...love how many ways there are to make a sky in this post!


This is a photo taken by Susan Klenk of the eclipse here in Dayton, Ohio. 




Happy Solar Eclipse Monday!
Chark





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!