Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday the Thirteenth...da da DAAA!

Okay, that last bit of the title is like the organ that always plays when things go bad. Like in this video...don't know what happened to the kitty, but likely it was something bad that happened on Friday the Thirteenth!


Now that we got that bit of drama out of the way, I want to share with you a scrap layout I did of my family. This picture is from the 1940's...about '45 maybe. My mom's in there with her nieces and nephews (who were about her age since she had sibs 20 years older), sibs and parents. I love vintage pics of my family...they're just cool to see and think hey, there they are young and living their lives and I'm 23 years in the future :)


The family name is Sipos (both of my grandparents are from Hungary) and apparently it's a pretty common last name, which means doing family research is a little tricky. My grandfather was a farmer and coal miner and this is out on their farm. My mom used to climb the apple tree and read in the tree...she walked across the fields to see her brother and his family because their farmlands touched. There's a cousin in the front that my mom rescued one day from drowning. They were all looking into a trough of some kind and when mom looked down, she saw something weird in the water...she grabbed it as she realized it was hair...attached to her little niece, Betty Lou. She had just slipped under the water without a sound. And that's how Betty Lou came to be in this picture a few years later :) My mom is the second from the right in the back row. Betty Lou is the short one in the front with dark hair. She goes by Betty now, but my mom still calls her Betty Lou.


And just so you don't think I've forgotten to color, here's my latest little obsession...the stickers from The Sweet Stamp Shoppe. Their images are adorable and they were having a sale awhile back, so I got a few of these to use for cards/layouts. Adorable, right?


Okay, friends, I'm off to do things today...all the things!


This is a little takeoff from Allie Brosh's book called Hyperbole and a Half. I think she's hilarious.

Happy Friday!
Chark






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!