Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year to the Moon and Back

Hi, friends, Happy 2018! 



Like every new year, I'm always astounded at how fast the year went and how crazy it is that we're so far into the new century! I remember in high school (circa 1986) and thinking how old I would be in the year 2000...32 years old. And that seemed insanely old! :) Now we're here in 2018 and this April will be my big ol' 50th birthday...but we'll worry about that later, lol.




For now, here's the project I have up at a2z Scrapbooking for the monthly challenge. NEW TO ME, which can mean a lot of things. Maybe you got some new goodies for the holidays, maybe you're dying to try a new technique, maybe you want to try some new media that you haven't yet tried. If it's new to you, it counts! You can use ANY COMPANY'S PRODUCTS for our challenges now and will automatically be entered to win the monthly digital stamp. If you use some Hero Arts products and your name is drawn, you will also win $20 to spend at the a2z Scrapbooking store. You have all month, so I hope you'll join in!


For this project, I arranged the digital stamps in a layout with CorelDraw and then printed it with a laser b&w printer on coated paper (not glossy like photo paper, but not like regular cardstock that soaks in the ink..the paper I have is matte and smooth). Then I used Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet as watercolor paints. I then sprayed the paper and held it sideways, so it dripped an moved on the paper. After heat setting, I adhered it to black cardstock and added star rhinestone gems. You can see my supply list on the a2z blog.

Happy Monday and Happy 2018!
Chark



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!