Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Harry Potter Wedding Card

My 23-year-old daughter has some friends who are getting married and she gave me a list of things they like—books, Harry Potter, nerdy stuff. So I dug into my stash and found some Harry Potter papers from awhile ago and there were some chipboard stickers. She told me what Houses they are in (it's something all the HP fans know, apparently) and I put them on a card, with a gold shimmer paper embossed with this great 3-D embossing folder from We R Memory Keepers.



Here's what I started with.


And after a lot of thought and fooling around, I ended up with this.
  

I put the gold and black panel on a woodgrain paper and added foam hearts in black and gold and then flags of all 4 of the house colors. The daughter was happy with it. 

I also made this card below so she could have a choice...she took back it with her to give a co-worker having a baby. So I guess they passed muster :)

The background is Distress Oxides and water. I ran a page of it through the printer and found a free digi of Hogwarts. I added text and book paper and mounted it all on a piece of aqua cardstock. It's a 5x7 card so I could get all these papers on here. Of course, I added Diamond Stickles for the stars.


If you're a Harry Potter fan, you can go here to Scrapbook.com for some similar products. 

Happy Wednesday!
Chark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!