Friday, June 29, 2018

Rosy Weekend

Hi, friends, I've spent a lot of time lately coloring other people's art and I felt the need to make my own drawing, even though I'm not a professional. We have a single plate from a yard sale when I was in college and I pulled it out to put fruit on the other night when we had friends over for dinner. I love this plate and I was studying it while washing dishes. This is what it looks like.

Here's my interpretation in Prismacolor pencils. I started with the rose bud.



And then I drew a rose (and added petals because I drew it lopsided) and then I used my black pencil to darken the edges. I think some Gamsol to soften the pencil strokes might be warranted but I'm out and it would've smeared the black. I kept the pink and gray color scheme.


That's it for today, friends, except I may have to do some cards in gray and pink and silver. Maybe something like this card you can find on istock.


I love when something all of the sudden inspires me, even if I've seen it lots of times!

Happy Friday!
Chark




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!