Wednesday, June 27, 2018

More Whimsy

As I told you in the last post, I received the Jane Davenport Whimsy Girls Art Journal for my birthday and have been playing around with it. It comes with drawings and papers and stickers and then you add to it with colored pencils, markers or paints and collage. 


This girl's face came without hair, so I gave her some white and pink doodled strands.


She's printed on kraft paper and I knew I wanted to use white pencil with her. I used a white Uniball and other Prismacolor pencils in aqua and pink and doodled with a black Faber Castell pen. I think she looks like Marie Antoinette...I may have to go back in with some cake doodles.

The quote was there already too, but I could add my own. Did you know that Marie Antoinette said "pardon me, sir, I did not mean to do it" at the execution because she stepped on the executioner's toes? She's definitely not as bad as history makes her out to be. She was so young and inexperienced with ruling. I've read several books about her (I love me some historical fiction and biographies) and Confessions of Marie Antoinette was a good one.



I couldn't find a picture of what the journal girl started out like, but I'll try to do that next time. This journal is so fun...I love faces and doodling so, it's right up my alley!

Happy Wednesday!
Chark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!