Friday, July 27, 2018

Turtles and Bubbles

I took an acrylic pour class and we also did a copy transfer onto a dry poured canvas. I used a turtle and this blue canvas because I thought "water" when I saw how the paint and bubbles (cells) looked. I loved taking a class for this technique because I didn't have to purchase a ton of supplies I might not use, plus I got expert advice along the way. Annndd, I didn't have to make a mess at my own house!




Here's the turtle after applying the transfer medium. You have to let it dry at least 24 hours, though I didn't get to the paper removal until three days later. You have to wet the paper and then rub with your fingers until the white film is removed. It takes some of the image if you're not careful, but I think it came out pretty good in the photo below.

I also think it's a fab way to make your poured canvasses into something more than a cool blank canvas. I have one with pink and orange and I'm thinking a Beatles image might suit the psychedelic look of the colors...I'll share it if that's what I do.


Here's a video on image transfers if you're interested. Make sure you use a laser jet printer (or any copier at Staples, etc.) The ink jet kind will smear with this technique. You can do this technique on matte tiles, wood, paper, canvas, and more. Mine is on painted canvas.




Happy Friday!
Chark



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!